Monday, September 17, 2012

Welcome to my new blog friends! A very warm welcome to you.
I know how life is crazy busy. I-for sure- know. That you have landed at ETR and are willing to spend some of your own precious time here means the world to me!

I am a firm believer that life is a journey (I even have the word 'journey' (NOT the band...) tattooed on my body as proof and a reminder). It's about growing and changing and adapting and relating and staying the same and trying and living and breathing and failing and trying again. Add in DAILY   copious amounts of coffee, endless loads of laundry, countless diaper changes and you've got a glimpse into my life. Honestly-I would not want it any other way. We are ALL on such a journey. Each looks a little different from the rest. Each has it's own unique hiccups and heartache.

This journey is our race. Not like - let's run as fast as we can so it can be over as quickly as possible-kind of race. But a marathon that requires loads of training and support. It cannot be done on our own. We are meant to run the race together which is why I am here at ETR attempting to put into words how I will embrace this race. I want to be the type of wife, mother, friend, teacher, mentor that embraces the divine in the daily, hope in the hopeless, mess in the madness (You mean I can embrace the mess that IS my kitchen?! Utterly liberating!) and joy on the journey. I hope when you read some of these ramblings you will be inspired to embrace YOUR race- all of it- the good, the bad, the every day.

Embracing this race- Melissa

1 comment: